Friday, January 10, 2020

Minnesota Zoo

In December I was able to add the Minnesota Zoo to the short list of zoos I've visited while carrying a camera. The entrance is indoors, so I stayed indoors for seal training and a visit to the unexpectedly large tropical building. I was most interested in the cold-weather animals, but the camera's lens would fog if I'd gone from outside to the tropics.

I had only two hours but went to the monk seal training because it began five minutes after I arrived. It was interesting enough, but I should have skipped it. I couldn't bring myself to sail through the tropical building, so I didn't have as much time outside as I intended. In other words, I didn't focus on my goal 😐

moose

Asian wild (Przewalski’s) horse
Sadie, one of three brown bears, seemed to be snoozing until a keeper arrived. He gave me a heads-up before he called to her, and I caught her just after she looked up. (Dang smudged glass.)

brown bear

An Amur tiger was walking along a fence, apparently following a keeper who was outside. The tiger stopped, but the keeper continued to the tiger building and then called the tiger. The tiger ran around the viewing deck toward the building, and I caught it heading down the slope. (I should've applied a little more exposure compensation to brighten the tiger.)


Amur tiger

Sichuan takin

fisher
bactrian camels
coyote
Two pumas share a rocky exhibit and there was quite a bit of climbing and chasing. (Crummy focus but great action.)

puma (cougar)
The adult lynx posed nicely. There was also at least one juvenile in the exhibit.

Canada lynx

No comments:

Post a Comment