Sunday, January 9, 2022

Canids

Woof! Sort of.

Gray wolves come in many colors.

gray wolf (Toledo Zoo)

Litter-mates and brother gray wolves Loki, Lobo, and Tundra (Toledo Zoo)

gray wolf (Minnesota Zoo)

Mexican wolf, a subspecies of the gray wolf (Columbus Zoo). It's gnawing on an antler.

bat-eared foxes (Columbus Zoo)

African painted dog (Cincinnati Zoo)

dingo (Toledo Zoo)

dingo (Toledo Zoo)

Stevie, a red fox (Columbus Zoo). She's pretty skittish and looks at me warily.

Stevie. Red foxes of this color phase are known as silver foxes. A red fox at the Minnesota Zoo is mottled black and tan/red (my two pictures are bad).

maned wolf (Toledo Zoo)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all of these! Wolves and foxes are fascinating. I wish I knew more about dingos (I do know that they don’t steal babies.) I had never heard of bat-eared foxes, but now they are on my radar. (Or…sonar?)

    ReplyDelete