Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Frozen

It seems to me that macro photographers mostly want to take pictures of bugs, flowers, and drops of water. I've had some success with bugs but only failure with drops of water. I did okay with frozen drops, though.

A frozen water droplet at the tip of a blue spruce twig

It's not fabulous, but I'm happy with it.

I no longer remember why, but I snapped a picture with the latest phone from Apple of which I'm aware: an iPhone 7.



It's not a macro shot, but I like it. A lot. The needles are too dark for a blue spruce, but it's a pleasing image. Here's approximately the same shot from my camera. The color of the needles is pretty accurate.


So...

The droplet, -1.0 exposure value
 

As with the eagle, I didn't make a mistake, but the picture is improved by taking out one stop of brightness. The original photo matches what I saw, but the manipulated image is more pleasing. The next time I take a picture like this, I'll use -1.0 exposure compensation.

1 comment: