Saturday, December 30, 2023

2023 Part 1: Birds

Here are some 2023 bird shots I haven't previously posted.

red-legged seriema (Columbus Zoo). It was squawking.

common ostrich (Columbus Zoo)

red-billed leiothrix (Columbus Zoo). Not a good shot, but I like the pose.

brown-headed cowbird (Columbus Zoo)

king vulture (Minnesota Zoo)

lesser flamingo (Minnesota Zoo)

American avocet (Minnesota Zoo)

chestnut-breasted malkoha (Toledo Zoo)

Palawan peacock pheasant - female (Toledo Zoo)

crested coua (Toledo Zoo)

blue-bellied roller (Toledo Zoo)

northern bald ibis (Toledo Zoo)


7 comments:

  1. The red billed picture is a great shot Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically it's not great; the shutter was only 1/8s, which is way too slow. The next picture I took is of the same bird. The focus is better but the pose is not as charming.

      Delete
  2. I liked the King Vulture best myself. Nice work. - Ando

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the leiothrix. Sometimes, it doesn't need to be a good shot to be a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ostrich and flamingo and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics Steve. Julie

    ReplyDelete