Sunday, September 27, 2020

Akron Zoo

The missing gardener and I visited the Akron Zoo a couple of weeks ago, our first time. It's small, and we don't mind that a bit. Admission was only $8 and parking $3. The indoor exhibits were closed, so I was disappointed we did not get to see the lemurs and some other animals, but we enjoyed our visit.

snow leopard

The snow leopard enjoyed its slab of ice. Check out the snowshoes.

I used software to brighten the snow leopard photos by one stop. I had trouble all day with exposure and white balance and I don't understand why.

This bug was on the glass of one of the exhibits.

I like the dark background and the way the bug is backlit, but it would be nice if it were in focus. I don't examine my pictures closely on the camera. I look for composition--did I include what I wanted to, and did I cut off the animal's head?--obvious poor focus, and obvious poor exposure. The bug looked great on the camera's three-inch screen, but some zooming-in would have revealed the poor focus.


white stork

North American river otter
 The ball had (dead) fish in it, and the otter spun the ball to get the fish out.

hibiscus, the best photo of the day

A female Andean condor. Males have combs on their heads.

Galapagos tortoise




2 comments:

  1. Great pics, especially tortoise (laughing?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the snow leopard shots. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete