Sunday, November 22, 2020

Self-portraits

 I've made some unintentional self-portraits.


Orangutan, my foot! (Columbus Zoo)


A common shoveler looks at me, maybe (Columbus Zoo).


It was a sunny day when I photographed this Jacob sheep (Columbus Zoo).


I keep trying for a decent underwater shot of an American beaver. (Columbus Zoo)


chestnut-breasted malkoha (Toledo Zoo)


Cabot's tragopan (Columbus Zoo)

This Bourke's parakeet stood in the pathway in the Australia room of the Toledo Zoo's aviary. I approached slowly, and it expressed interest in my shoe.

3 comments:

  1. These are great! I was totally confused looking at the first one, but FINALLY my eyes adjusted to “see” the self-portrait.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't entirely my idea. I had noticed my reflection in the malkoha's eye and a commenter on a previous post (https://boazatthezoo.blogspot.com/2019/08/two-zoos-in-four-days.html#comment-form) made me wonder if I could devote a whole post to such things. So I started looking in other eyes.

    ReplyDelete