Monday, December 31, 2018

My best of 2018

Everyone else is reviewing 2018, so here are some of my best photos taken this year. All are from the Columbus Zoo except as noted.

A San Esteban chuckwalla is a black and tan lizard.
San Esteban chuckwalla
An Inca tern has a dark head, a red beak, and a jaunty curled, white mustache.
Inca tern (Cincinnati Zoo)
a polar bear glides through the water
polar bear
Lee, a male polar bear arrived at the Columbus Zoo in November. (Neither of these is he.)

A polar bear and zoo visitors examine one another under water.
A polar bear and zoo visitors examine one another.
daisy-like flowers with light purple petals and yellow centers
Flowers across the trumpeter swan pond. This photo was taken in September, and they might be asters.
A mata mata turtle's foot has webbed toes and claws/toenails.
The  foot of a mata mata, a species of turtle
A hamerkop, a bird with brown feathers and a black beak, stretches its neck in a look of curiosity.
A hamerkop looks quizzical.
A female rose-breasted grosbeak perches. Unlike a male, she has no red feathers.
rose-breasted grosbeak (female)
a bee
I take 100-150 pictures during a 2-3 hour zoo trip, although I took 297 during my latest trip to Toledo December 15. Some photos are of signs so that I can later identify the animal. I delete horrible pictures from the camera and more after I get home (I keep too many, though). I'm happy if I get half a dozen top-notch photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment