Thursday, July 29, 2021

Toledo July 10, Part 2

For the hippo, dove, and kagu I've linked to the Toledo Zoo's animals page. I've not done this before because the website is not amenable to linking to a specific animal. If you end up there, expand the animal category and look for the animal.

I don't know if this is Herbie or Emma, but the hippo was caught in a blink.

A male many-colored fruit dove. Females are also colorful, but a little different from males.

A female violet-backed starling. Males have iridescent purple feathers.

African grey parrot

A kagu, one of my favorite birds. I find kagus mysterious, and they seem to be on a mission to guard, on foot, the perimeter of their enclosure.

golden-headed lion tamarin

 
Berloiz's silver pheasant


A feather from an emerald starling

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Steve. Now you must get a picture of an emerald starling to go with the feather.

    ReplyDelete